Websites of Interest
Bullying Articles, Books and Information
Books of Interest
- The Bully at Work by Gary & Ruth Namie
- The No Asshole Rule by Robert Sutton
- Anderson, Elijah. Code of the Street: Decency, Violence, and the Moral Life of the Inner City. New York: Norton, 1999.
- Bolton, Robert. People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts. New York: Touchstone, 1986.
- Caldwell, Mark. A Short History of Rudeness: Manners, Morals, and Misbehavior in Modern America. New York: Picador, 1999.
- Carter, Stephen L. Civility: Manners, Morals and the Etiquette of Democracy. New York: Basic, 1998.
- Ciaramicoli, Arthur P., and Katherine Ketcham. The Power of Empathy: A Practical Guide to Creating Intimacy, Self-Understanding, and Lasting Love. New York: Plume, 2001
- Davis, Phyllis. E2: Using the Power of Ethics and Etiquette in American Business. Entrepreneur Press, 2003
- Dreher, Henry. The Immune Power Personality: 7 Traits You Can Develop to Stay Healthy. New York: Plume, 1996.
- Forni, P.M. Choosing Civility: The 25 Rules of Considerate Conduct. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2002.
- Gallant, Janet. Simple Courtesies: How to Be a Kind Person in a Rude World. Pleasantville: Reader’s Digest, 1996.
- George Washington’s Rules of Civility & Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation. Mount Vernon: The Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association, 1992.
- Goleman, Daniel. Emotional Intelligence. New York: Bantam, 1997.
- Goleman, Daniel. Working with Emotional Intelligence. New York: Bantam, 1998
- Hallowell, Edward M. Connect. New York: Pantheon, 1999.
- Kasser, Tim. The High Price of Materialism. Cambridge: Bradford, 2002.
- Martin, Judith. Miss Manners Rescues Civilization from Sexual Harassment, Frivolous Lawsuits, and Other Lapses in Civility. New York: Crown, 1996.
- Nichols, Michael P. The Lost Art of Listening: How Learning to Listen Can Improve Relationships. New York: The Guilford Press, 1995.
- Ornish, Dean. Love & Survival: The Scientific Basis for the healing Power of Intimacy. New York: HarperCollins, 1998.
- Peck, M. Scott. The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth. New York: Touchstone, 1979.
- Post, Peggy, and Peter Post. The Etiquette Advantage in Business. New York: HarperResource, 1999.
- Pennebaker, James W. Opening Up: The Healing Power of Expressing Emotions. New York: The Guilford Press, 1997.
- Randall, Peter. Adult Bullying: Perpetrators and Victims. London: Routledge, 1997.
- Rouner, Leroy S., ed. Civility. Notre Dame: U. of Notre Dame Press, 2000.
- Tannen, Deborah. You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation. New York: Ballantine, 1991.
- Taylor, Shelley E. The Tending Instinct: How Nurturing is Essential to Who We Are and How We Live. New York: Times, 2002.
- Williams, Virginia, and Redford Williams. Lifeskills: Eight Simple Ways to Build Stronger Relationships, Communicate More Clearly, and Improve Your Health. New York: Times, 1998.